When you use Meetrix services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We build security into our services to protect your information
All Meetrix products are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Meetrix employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Meetrix Technologies
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- How you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site and digital services. We do this to help:
- Make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- Make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
- Allow you to access Meetrix services and make transactions
- Provide you with information about local services
- Monitor use of the site to identify security threats
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hostingprovider.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for indefinitely.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the US. Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred on to their own servers.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Privacy Team if you:
- Have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Changes to this policy
Last updated 31 May 2020